2014 Architecture Career Discovery Program
Program has reached capacity- Waitlist has been initiated.
Apply now by clicking the link above! Please be sure to select the correct program(s)you wish to apply to!
Session I: July 6-18,2014 (Sunday check in
- Friday check out).
Two week residential enrichment program.
- Students MUST submit an application for this program.
- This is a two week overnight residential enrichment program.
- Open to High school students entering 10th, 11th, and 12th grade in the fall.
What Will We Be Learning?
This program is an introduction to the theory of architecture, computing and simulation, freehand and extreme drawing, building ecologies and design. There will be field trips and career counseling. Afternoons will have individually critiqued (tutored) design studios, group and individual projects, reviews and public presentations. High school students entering 10th, 11th and 12th grade in the fall who are considering studies in architecture or design with a curiosity about the world in which we live, as well as an interest in art culture, and new ideas are encouraged to apply.
Students who have completed this program have gone on to apply to the Architecture major offered by Rensselaer's School of Architecture. For additional details regarding the Rensselaer undergraduate experience, in a place where your individual contribution truly matters visit the Office of Admissions at Rensselaer.
2014 Application Information
THE LINK TO OUR SECURE ONLINE APPLICATION IS ABOVE!
- All applicants are welcome to include any additional information such as SAT or PSAT score, GPA, Class Ranking, HS Transcript, Teacher Recommendation Letter(s), or any details regarding student accomplishments.
- Original letters, scores, transcripts, etc. are not required for acceptance; COPIES ARE APPROPRIATE.
APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE REVIEWED IF THEY ARE INCOMPLETE.
Students who are considering studies in architecture or design with a curiosity about the world in which we live, as well as an interest in art culture, and new ideas are encouraged to apply.
Application Questions & Answers: If you have any questions, please contact Alicia Randazzo at (518) 276-6809.
- Cost: $3000 This includes an architecture supply kit, any field trips,and residential/academic program materials.
- Deposit of $425.00 is required at registration (upon acceptance into program) and a $4.95 fee for all credit card transactions!
Final payment is due by June 30, 2014
Please call Alicia Randazzo at 518-276-6809 with any questions or concerns!
Summer 2014 General Information Packet will be updated and sent to registered students one month prior to the program start.
FOR YOUR REFERENCE!
Transportation: All students must furnish their own transportation to and from campus. The Albany International Airport and Amtrak Train Station are each location 20 minutes from campus. Car rentals are available from both the airport and train station. All students must furnish their own transportation to and from campus.2013 Architecture Career Discovery Program - Program Schedule